Kagoma Gate Village was once considered Uganda’s poorest village! Thanks to your support of the Giving Circle, today Kagoma Gate is transforming from a village of the most profound poverty and despair to a village of HOPE.
In just 3 short years, Kagoma Gate today has:
- The first sanitation/pit latrines
- Improved food stability
- Improved water
- A village kitchen and feeding/nutrition program for all village children
- A birthing building and health clinic
- AND Education!
Most important for its children and the future: prosperity is through education. With your donations, we successfully constructed and opened the village’s first school: The Giving Circle Friendship School (phase 1).
Now we must complete the job and assure all village children are educated, we must build phase 2. This classroom block will contain the 4th, 5th 6th and 7th grades and a headmaster’s office. This will assure for the first time in this village’s history that every single child will know the joy, freedom and opportunity that education offers.
Ways you can partner with us to bring this dream to life:
- Each classroom costs just $2,500 to construct. The name of every donor will adorn the walls of the classroom grade you donate to.
- Or, your name or dedication found on the classroom desk that you sponsor.
The funds will be used for the buildings, books, desks, uniforms: all the things that make a school a school.
Click here to Donate!