The 2016 Community Compassion Awards & Taste of Africa
The Giving Circle Compassion Award commends the ideals and values of The Giving Circle's selfless compassion in action. Honoring those individuals who go above and beyond demonstrating devotion, dedication, tenderheartedness, dependability and perseverance to the needy and suffering beings locally, nationally and internationally.
The Giving Circle Compassion Award recognizes that even the simplest act of kindness can have the greatest impact on the quality of life for the underserved and downtrodden. This award encourages selfless acts and promotes altruism and compassion in future generations.
Please join us Thursday, November 10th, at the Canfield Casino in Saratoga Springs, NY for our 2016 Compassion Awards & Taste of Africa celebration!
This fun and casual event will be catered by Kim Klopstock's Lily and the Rose featuring the tastes, sights, sounds and stories of Africa and the work of The Giving Circle and our friends, AOET, in Uganda. Funds raised from this event will benefit the work of both organizations.
The 2016 Award Winners:
- Local Individual: Elizabeth Alexander
- Local Nonprofit: Jake's Help from Heaven
- Local Business: The Hellwig Family & Trans-Border Global Freight
- The Founders Award (awarded to the person who has dedicated a lifetime to acts of compassion): Kim Klopstock
TGC Team Awards:
- The Serge Shishik Memorial Local Team Member of the Year: Rachael Dwyer
- TGCA Individual Team Member of the Year: Peg Bakaitis
- TGCA Uganda-based Individual Member of the Year: Mwesigwa Paul
** Click here to see the 2016 biographies of the winners!
Thursday, November 10, 2016, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Canfield Casino, 25 East Congress Street, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Villager #1, African Village Meal: this simple meal plan consists of posho and beans, what a villager in our Kagoma Gate Village would eat, including "dirty water" (100% clean water with squid ink for color)
- Villager #2, Enhanced Village Meal: this meal option reflects the meal that our children in both our schools and orphanage would eat in addtion to many western Kim Klopstock specials
- Friend (Mukwano gwange): this option includes 1 event ticket and a listing in official event poster
- Brother-Sister (Mukulu wange): this option includes 1 event ticket and 1/4 page ad in official event poster
- Grandparent (Jjajja wange): this option includes 2 event tickets and 1/2 page ad in official event poster
- Village Elder: this option includes 4 event tickets and 1/2 page ad in the official event program
- Village Chief: this option includes a VIP table, 2 bottles of wine, a full official event poster & inclusion in all media releases as an official sponsor
** All sponsors features on TGC web site and event posters
The Giving Circle is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Over 99% of your contribution goes directly to support its programs. $10 of each contribution to this event is considered taxable. The remainder is a deductible contribution according to current tax regulations.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
|Villager #1||$ 50.00|
|Villager #2||$ 75.00|
|Friend (Mukwano gwange)||$ 150.00|
|Brother-Sister (Mukulu wange)||$ 250.00|
|Grandparent (Jjajja wange)||$ 500.00|
|Village Elder||$ 1,000.00|
|Village Chief||$ 2,500.00|