The 2017 Giving Circle Summer Team’s Fundraising Projects!
A VERY generous anonymous donor has funded and dedicated in the 2017 teams name: The Giving Circle Africa’s Kagoma Gate School & Medical Clinic Compound Security Fence. Once completed, a plaque dedicated to the team of 2017 will be mounted to the gate’s main entrance, during a naming ceremony, forever remembering the Giving Circle team of 2017.
Each year, beginning in 2017, The Giving Circle’s annual summer trip team will work together to raise the funds to help with important projects for that year. The team will work on and be involved in these projects on that summer trip.
Below is a list of projects and activities we would like the team to help with. This would be your project, and the money raised will be used specifically for these projects and activities during the trip.
Reach out to your friends, family, school, clubs etc. for help. Donations can be made online or by check made out to The Giving Circle and indicate “2017 trip project” in the memo. Please mail the check to: The Giving Circle , PO Box 3162, Saratoga Springs, N.Y 12866.
Please Note: This is not mandatory but we do ask everyone does their best to help
- Kagome Gate fence: FUNDED by anonymous
- Solar System Kagoma Gate Clinic: FUNDED by Amya Bertrand
- Painting of newly completed school block in Kagoma Gate: Funds needed: $530 (On our trip, the team will paint this building)
- 2 trees and shrubs for “THE GALVERI SQUARE” dedication for village founder Mzee Galveri: Funds needed: $50
- Screen garden between boys and girls latrine buildings, plants, and supplies: Funds needed: $45
- Busoga Boarding rooms:
- Painting: Funds needed: $400
- Mattresses: Funds needed: $200
- Busoga 50’s sock hop, school and village wide, dance party: Funds needed: $300
- Koi Koi House birthday party (MEAL, CAKE, TREATS FOR TEAM MEMBERS AND THE KOI KOI CHILDREN): Funds needed: $400
- Kagoma Gate Solar lighting System: FUNDED by Scott Hudson
- Solar lighting Aquaponics system: FUNDED by Scott Hudson
- Jinja Women’s Prison outreach:
- Repair sewing machines: Funds needed: $70
- New Matrices: Funds needed: $500
- Bed Sheets: Funds needed: $100
- Repair and repainting of play grounds at our 4 playground locations: Funds needed: $500
Total for all projects is $3100 or just an average of $88 per team member! ALL funds raised above this amount will be dedicated to our Busoga School programs for the Deaf and Special needs programs…
Let’s get going team! If you are a friend of a travel team member, you can help!!